Monday, April 7, 2014

Have you got the Cyrus?- How Miley Cyrus has Infected All




 Let's face it people; pop star Miley Cyrus has shocked us all in her incredible transformation from Disney Channel sweetheart to twerk master in a matter of a few years. The once country-breed pop star ditched those cow girl boots for some 6 inch stilettos and a cat-themed leotard...

Yet I strangely cannot escape the 'Cyrus'.

As an avid consumer of the social media app 'Instagram'; I admit to being one of the stars 10.3 million followers. A quick stalker search through Miley's Instagram already get's you trippin' as you see an array of pictures ranging from selfies during live performances in a Hot Dog suit and her signature tongue-out pose.

Yet the question still remains: Why is the world obsessed with her?

To create the Power Puff Girls it required; Sugar, Spice and everything nice.

After keeping a watchful eye on the stars crazy escapades this past year, I think I discovered a living example of the reaction of the addition of "Chemical X":


1. The Shocking Transformation



We all remember 'Hannah Montana" and the stigma of conservative wardrobes to accompany her pop-country origins. Presently, it appears the Cyrus has dropped those brown locks for a more edgy look similar to Billy Idol in the 80s'. In amazement, the worlds jaw dropped as Cyrus shed her childhood past and replaced it with raw sexuality.

 I greatly recall flipping through the tabloids and taking a second glance at the girl. One question ran through my mind: What happened to her?

And as her peculiar fashion trends continue, I say: Age 

Regardless of critics, the transformation from country gal to sex icon has got our attention and hasn't lost it since. Winning. 


2. The Twerking 



Rather we wanted to or not, We all witnessed this ^ little ray of sunshine on our TV sets during the 2013 VMA's. I recall this scene vividly as I walked into the lobby of my dormitory and saw everyone looking up at the television in utter shock. Miley had more than her paws on R&B singer, Robin Thicke that night. 

The Twerk master herself said:

 "I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever!" 

Cyrus has brought the dance move to the for front as she continues to shake her rump in all her music videos, concerts and probably in her bathroom mirror. Practice makes perfect, right?



3. The "I-Dont-Give-A-Whaa" Attitude


Now matter what the haters say, Miley Cyrus is "gonna do her thang". That fierce attitude of liberation has given Miley a new perspective of herself and guess what? Were' all here to see it. Rather through outrageous fashion statements, explicit song lyrics or lighting up a doobie on stage; Miley has no care in the world. 



In the end the critics can gawk and complain of her evolving from a child star to a sex mogul but that won't stop the Cyrus. Ladies and gentleman, the girl has found some solace. She's a grown woman with a career and bank account to prove it. Let's just let her do her thing. 

Grab popcorn though, the show just started! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

What Spring Television series are you most amped about?